Need HELP identifying parts for WindowMaster Non-Tilt windows

A home owner from San Diego, CA says:

We have 22 WindowMaster windows that we need to replace balancers in them. We bought this house a few years ago and many of the windows cannot even open anymore.

Pictures above are what the top and bottom pieces look like.

CAN YOU HELP us identify which parts to order? We weighed and measured everything.

We need balancers for the following:

1. Qty 13 windows - measurements: Width of Balancer 1/2"; Length of Balancer 30";

Width of Shoe 1-3/32" ; Weight of window 25lbs.

2. Qty 2 windows - measurements: Width of Balancer 1/2'; Length of Balancer 30";

Width of Shoe 1-3/32" ; Weight of window 16lbs.

3. Qty 5 windows - measurements: Width of Balancer 1/2"; Length of Balancer 22" ;

Width of Shoe 1-3/32" ; Weight of window 14lbs.

4. Qty 2 windows - measurements: Width of Balancer 1/2"; Length of Balancer 21";

Width of Shoe 1-3/32" ; Weight of window 10lbs

Any assistance you can provide in regards to which parts we need, would be GREATLY appreciated!! We have tried calling so many places, and NO ONE is willing to help.

If you cannot help, do you have any suggestions WHO WE CAN contact to get this info?

Thank you very much.

Alexis

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4172D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4174D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4176D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4177D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4178D.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Alexis. Fear not, I'm confident we can help. First, let's be clear on a few details. By 'width' of the bottom shoe, do you mean the 'heel-to-toe' measurement, or what we call the depth? And do all these sets of balances have identical attachments? If so, our Series 385 Channel Balance has a shoe depth of 1-3/32", so then I'm confident this is the balance you need. 

Next, for the balance lengths, are you measuring just the metal channel, and not including the nylon fittings at either end in the measurement? If not, please re-measure the lengths without including the fittings. If you already did this though, and if you indeed have Series 385 Channel Balances in all these windows, I can tell you right now the balance lengths you'll need, as well as the stamp option. The stamp option indicates the weight range the balance is calibrated to support. Be sure your reported weights are accurate and precise. 

• For the 30" balances for windows that weigh exactly 25 pounds, use the S385-30. Choose a stamp option of 2940.
  • For the 30" balances for windows that weigh 16 pounds, use the S385-30. Choose a stamp option of 2930. 
  • For the 22" balances for 14 pound windows, use the S385-22. Choose a stamp option of 2130. 
  • Finally, for the 21" balances for 10 pound windows, use the S385-21. Choose a stamp option of 2020. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Hi Bob,
Thank you very much for your response. We really appreciate it!

In response to your questions:

Yes, we measured the bottom shoe from "heel-to-toe" and all of these balances have identical top and bottom attachments.

Balance lengths: Yes, we measured just the metal channel, not including the nylon fittings.

Window weights:
- For the (Qty 13) 30" balances - the precise weight is 25.4 pounds.
- For the (Qty 2) 30" balances - the precise weight is 15.6 pounds.
- For the (Qty 5) 22" balances - the precise weight is 14.2 pounds.
- For the (Qty 2) 21" balances - the precise weight is 9.8 pounds.
We had rounded to the nearest pound on my previous message.

Thank you so much for providing the information you already did. Please let me know if the corrected precise weights change anything on which parts we should be ordering.

Alexis
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:
  • For the 30" balances for the 25.4 pound windows, a stamp of 2940 will still work fine. 
  • For the 30" balances for the 15.6 pound windows, use instead a 2920 stamp option (supports a sash that weighs 12 through 16 pounds). 
  • For the 22" balances and the 14.2 pound window, a stamp of 2130 will still work fine. 
  • For the 21" balances on the 9.8 pound windows, a stamp of 2020 will still work fine. 

All of these balances can be ordered through their respective shop pages. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Thank You Bob....VERY MUCH!

Can't tell you how much we appreciate your help on this. Been trying to sort this stuff out for ages!!

I will definitely be writing some kind of great review if there is any way to do that!

Thanks Again,

Alexis
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.