Need Help Finding Correct Spline Tool

A home owner from Dubuque, Iowa says:
I am in the process of replacing my screens. I have Eagle windows with metal screen splines. These are those useless metal splines that curl up when being removed and cannot be reused - they are similar to the Anderson window screens that have caused so much trouble for people. I purchased (from you) some .250 Foam Screen Spline. I bought just enough for one small screen so I could be sure it worked before buying a bunch of it for more screens. Your .250 Foam Screen Spline worked just fine in my test screen, so I plan to buy more.

This is my problem: I also purchased your *75-019* spline tool, and that tool made the job VERY difficult because the concave side was too narrow for a .250 spline. I need a spline roller where the concave side is wider... one that is designed for your .250 spline. Which roller should I purchase? Thanks for your help.

Bill T
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bill. Back in the days when we were doing screen repairs, my shop guys only used the convex end of the screening tool on any type of screen spline. One time, in a pinch, I actually used the rounded end of a beer can opener. It worked well enough, it just takes a lot of practice.
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.