Need Help Identifying Pivot Shoes in Window Jamb

A from Pennsylvania says:
I have a client who needs a couple window parts replaced. Not sure what pivot shoe is on the windows. I have included a couple pictures of the current shoe and hope that helps.

Pivot shoe is approximately 2 1/8 inches long and maybe 7/8 to 1 inches wide? and approximately 5/8 (9/16?) inches deep.

The windows are single hung tilt in (bottom) sash all vinyl windows. The home was built around 2000. I have checked with the Builder of the home and unfortunately he does not remember where the windows came from and there are no markings on the vinyl windows stating the window maker.

Do you have to replace the pivot bars when you replace the pivot shoes if the shoes aren't the exact replacement?

She will need 8 spiral balances 28" long and 3/8 inch wide with the red/orange colored bearing.

She will also need 2 window latches to hold the window in the track. (picture included) approximately 2 5/8 " x 11/16 wide.

There are a total of 4 windows that need the parts.

I need these parts asap as the home closes in a couple weeks.

Will your jamb opening tool work on a vinyl window that has the wood extension jamb tight against the window track on the inside of the window?

These windows do not have the window stops at the top, unfortunately.

Will also need a crank tool to charge window balances.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I just had another customer looking for this same pivot shoe earlier today. Your exact style isn't made anymore, but I've been told by those who tried that our 15-179 works well as a replacement. This is 15/16" wide and 9/16" deep, which matches up to yours.

The big difference is the style of the cam. Ours is a little smaller than yours, so it won't be compatible with your existing pivot bar. This answers your second question, though this isn't common. Most pivot shoes can reuse their old pivot bars, but only if you're replacing it with an exact match. We're kind of fudging the rules here so we'll need a new pivot bar in this instance only. I recommend our 26-021.

The spiral balance would be our S900-28 with a red tip. This uses a 75-006 charging tool.

As for the tilt latch, it's hard to tell while it's still installed but it might be something like our 26-243 and 26-244. I recommend removing yours from the window to confirm that everything matches up.

Finally, I'm not sure if our jamb spreaders can work for you. These can work for most vinyl windows, but you mention a kind of wood extension and now I'm not as confident as I was. If you think this will cause an issue, you're probably better off going with what we call the "cut out method." Refer to the video below for more details.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.