Need Keyed Patio Door Handle

A quick learner from Daly City, CA says:
Hi so im really new with this but i need to replace the handle with a keyed entry one.

I am not familiar with the oarts since its an old door. Any help is appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200118_120617.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200118_120605.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200118_120612.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. This handle set looks like our 82-035. The outside pull of this handle set can be adapted to accommodate a key lock & housing like our 82-315. The video below illustrates this process. 

However, I'm a little concerned about your patio door. It looks to me like it might have been modified to incorporate an internal mortise lock. I'd remove the handle set just to make sure you can follow the procedure shown in the video below; i.e. that the outside of your door has holes that allows a key lock to access the keyway of the mortise lock. Let me know if you have any problems. 

Thanks for your reply. Just curious if the holes are not present what are some other solutions?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

If you don't have a hole to accommodate a key lock, then your only option is to make one. You'd have to drill it to size and use a rat tail file to make it nice and even. If you aren't comfortable making that kind of alteration to the door, you may want a local professional to come out and do it for you.

So it looks like theres holes already would anything else need to be done before buying the new handles?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200126_115140.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Nope! Everything looks like it's good to go to me. You shouldn't have to drill anything.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.