Need Latch to replace the latch in photos

A home owner from bergenfield nj says:

I ordered slim top latch 26-390 

The part is not correct.

Are you able to identify the part from the 2 photos attached?

The windows are 13 years old and cannot find the manufacture information

Thank you

Lois

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch for PB 2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch for PB 1.JPG
I do not have any more photos - I am not able to measure as the part disentegrates when attempt to open... please advise if you can help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Lois. It's admittedly tough to make out what you have from these photos, but the design is similar to our 26-408. This might be what you want, but the only way to know for sure is to use the original as reference.

Since it's not possible for you to remove the old latches without breaking them, then all I can give you is an educated guess. At the end of the day, if you aren't able to get detailed measurements of the original part, then there's no way you can be certain of what will work as a replacement. It really is necessary.

I am sorry that we can't give you a more confident recommendation.

Thank you for your efforts Tom ... I appreciate your help considering the minimal info I was able to send you

have a great day
Loi
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.