Need Pins for mirrored bifold closet doors

A quick learner from Great Bend says:
I ordered 21-402 & 21-150 & 21-108 for a mirrored bifold closet doors. 21-108 does not fit in the track I ordered i talked to one of your reps and they said i need new pins and caps to fit the track she asked me to send pics of the old pins they. can you let me know what all i need to order to fit the old tracks thank you
> From: Gene
User submitted photos of bi-fold door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. We may be able to help, but we will need a bit more information. First, could you confirm the diameter of your pin? I can't quite make it out. Could you also show me the rest of the hardware that interacts with this pin? Seeing the other bits and pieces that install with it would be a huge help.
A handy person from great bend kansas says:
the pin is 1/4 x 4 1/4. i need a track pin caps and nylon bushing to replace 2 closets with bifold doors. if new track, pins ,bushing,glides are needed that is fine i would just like to get this ordered so i can get it fixed thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for supplying your measurements. Your pin looks like our 21-049, which uses the 21-108 cap and 21-250 nylinder. Before buying new pins, however, you could try cleaning the top of the pin with some emory cloth to help slide it in a new cap, like our 21-108. Spray some silicone on the pin and cap to help snap together, as well as on the track for the guide to slide more smoothly.

I, myself, have never cared for this type of bifold set. Everything has to be perfect for the guide to slide in the track and on the pin. After years of running the die sometimes there is a slight distortion.
A quick learner from great bend kansas says:
i am wanting to replace the tracks, glides (pin cap)& nylon bushings for a mirrored bi fold closet doors i have 2 closets that each have double doors.i ordered what i thought i needed the order # 872702 4 of 21-402 the track
16 of 21-150 nylon bushings 14 of 21-108 pin caps (these are what the pins snap into that slides in the track).what do i need to order so my doors will open like they should. the pin caps will not fit in the track i ordered, what do i need so every thing fits.
Profile picture of Paul
Unfortunately, the tracks are no longer being made. The fittings are also not made anymore, and are only around until stock runs out.
A quick learner from Great bend kansas says:
What track pins caps and bushings do I need to get these doors working if they don't make the old track what can I substitute it with the cap I was sent dose not fit the track
Profile picture of Paul
If you bought the 21-402 tracks for a pair of bifold doors with a 5' opening, you will need the following for two 5' sets: four 21-001 bottom threaded door pivots, and twelve 21-007 spring loaded guide pins. Look at the video I pulled up for you on installation, on the right side of this page. Keep in mind that you might not be able to use 21-154 pivot rod clamp. You will probably need to do some modification in installing these pins. I'm afraid there is no easy-fit system for you to use in your door. This will be a project no matter how you look at it, unfortunately.
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.