Need Recessed Lock Raised Jamb Keeper and Recessed Mortise Lock for Weathershield Patio Doors

A home owner from Boston area says:
I am desperately trying to find the above items for my patio door as the existing locking hardware is now broken. I located the two items on the Weathershield website. The part number they list for the Recessed Lock Raised Jamb Keeper is 972496(and screw part #971452). The part number listed for the Recessed Mortise Lock is 972493. The first photo above is the existing Raised Jamb Keeper. The second photo is the existing Recessed Mortise Lock. I hope you can see the photos as I am challenged by these attachments. I will greatly appreciate any assistance you can offer in tracking down these much needed parts. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 990AF747-4472-422E-B000-90F4271C39F0_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 50002957-D8AB-4F53-A130-DDD53350F7D9_1_105_c.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Your mortise and keeper appear to match our 82-226 and 89-021D, respectively. Look these over and let me know what you think.

Tom,
Thank you so much. Yes it does look like a match and so I will purchase both from your website. It is the existing Mortise Lock mechanism that is broken on my patio slider door. At the time I sent these photos, I did not include the inside or outside handle photos and now I realize that I should have as the Mortise Lock is operated by a lever on the inside handle. I am attaching these two additional photos with this posting. Does Swisco carry this type of handle hardware? (I also found these on the WS website and have the part numbers). The second photo shown is the inside door handle.

Also I am trying to find the gasket (weather stripping) material for my windows - also WeatherShield I have discovered. Can I send a request with photo for such a product to Swisco also?

I greatly appreciate your help. Thank you again.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0439.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0441.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, we have a ton of different handles that are compatible with your door. The one that is closest in design to your is our 82-020, but we have others if you wanted a new style.

We also sell a lot of weatherstripping, so I feel confident that we can help with that. We will specifically need to see a clear picture of its end profile as indicated by the video below.

Thank you so much for all your help. Yes I think the door handle is a good match.

As for the weatherstripping, I now know from your video that mine is bubble style. I am attaching two photos that I hope are taken properly.

As for measurements, the width of the base (the little section with the lines on it) is 3/16" (or 1 notch before 1/4" as I am not good with eighths or sixteenths).

The bubble diameter is 1/8" (or 2 notches into the inch measure).

I hope these are valid measurements to find the stripping. If I need to provide more details, please let me know and thank you again.

Diane

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0FFAB2DE-B508-4252-B7CB-3AABDBC01B67.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8D0912FE-8630-44AA-BACD-B60533A05DAA.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed. what you have here looks a lot like our 58-055, but review our dimensions below to see what you think. I'm concerned about the 1/8" bubble size, which is relatively small, but I'm hoping that yours is just compressed due to age and use. See what you think.

Profile view of 58-055
Profile view of 58-055
Tom,
I think you are right. It seemed to me that the bubble section was indeed compressed and not fully round when I removed it. I am going to purchase a 25" section and give it a try. Your help has been invaluable. If the 58-055 does not work, are there any other options?

I placed an order for the locking and door handle parts for the slider. I measured the existing hardware and really think the parts you suggested will work. Thanks so much,
Diane Wall
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you so much! Please let me know if we can be of any further help in the future.

Tom,

The bubble stripping fit!!! I am so excited. I was able to install what I had already purchased and just now placed an order for more.

I cannot thank you and your company enough. NO ONE else could assist with this.

I am still waiting on the slider door hardware. Although it was shipped several days before the stripping, it has not arrived and seems lost in a Fedex maze. Fingers crossed.

Thank you again - I have now told EVERYONE about Swisco. All the best,

Diane

Profile picture of Tom

That's fantastic news! Thank you kindly for the update, Diane, and for your kind words. Your business means a lot to us. 

If you ever needed anything in the future, you know where to find us.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.