Need Replacement Parts for Bottom Roller on Sliding Glass Closet Door

A home owner from Fort Mohave, AZ says:

Hello, Trying to help my neighbor by fixing bottom roller on her sliding glass closet door. The plastic parts that mount to the metal roller are broken a seen in picture. Not sure what parts are needed and even how to remove and replace. Would need 2 roller replacements because both rollers are broken on 1 door. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Tom

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2226.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2227.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2231.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2230.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

It's hard to make out what you have while it's still installed in the door, but your roller looks similar in design to our 23-075. Look this part over and see what you think.

As for removal, it'll be a little involved. You will first want to lay your door on a flat surface like the floor, or at least a big, solid table (these mirror doors are heavy so nothing that would buckle under the weight).

Then, unscrew the frame screws and use a mallet and block of wood to gently, but firmly, tap the bottom rail off. Be very careful during this step; you'll need a little elbow grease to get the bottom rail off but you don't want to risk breaking the glass. Firm taps should do it.

The roller should come loose with the rail. To install the new one you would reverse the process; align the roller in the rail, tap it back into place, then put the screws back in.

A home owner from Fort Mohave, AZ says:
Thanks, yes that looks like the correct part. Also, I really appreciate your details of how to remove and replace. It all makes sense, now I have to decide if I want to tackle this. I think I need to suggest my neighbor hire a good handyman to do this. Spot on with your details! Again, thanks!

Tom
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

You're very welcome, Tom. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future and we would be happy to help.

Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.