Need Replacement Retainer/Insert/Shim

A home owner from Anaheim says:

We have Marshall window locks and the plastic retainers that secure the locks to the window frames are old, brittle and disintegrating. These need replacement and i am not seeing anything similar on your website.

Based on the style/shape of the window frames, do you have any of these or any alternate solutions that might fit these windows. The slots/openings in the top of the window frames measure about 3/16 inches wide.


Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220805_100910.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220805_100916.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! It looks like your lock secures in a slot under the glazing. If so, then I think our 90-009 is going to be your best bet here. Look it over and let me know if you agree.

We unfortunately don't sell the plastic retainer that has deteriorated, but you may be able to pick up a similar sized shim at a local hardware store. It seems like it's just a little plate of plastic.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at