Need Set for handle, lever, lock and key for this door

A home owner from Ohio says:
This door was made on 11-29-2006 and warranty number is 13800272, the MRF-Name is ELL-1, ALI-Validator, Series 311/312 VSGD. I had a door company put a new Mortise Lock Round Face back several months ago but this did not fix my problem part number was 82-218 from your company. I am looking this into further myself to correct the issue, can you tell me what set would work on this door and if the current internal lock would work with the new set and cost of getting this done.

I appreciate your help greatly.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Inside Pat‭io Glass Door-311-312.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190413_190000323.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. What exactly is the issue with the door? Is it simply unable to lock? Is this the original handle set that came with the door, or was it also replaced along with the new mortise lock? A picture of the mortise lock would also be helpful. Many thanks.  

Yes, the door will not lock from outside using the key. The door lever is loose and has be adjusted or push in further to lock the door from the inside. Yes, this is original handle set that came with the door. Only the mortise lock was replaced when that repair was done but this did not fix the issue. The mortise lock is from your company and part number is 82-218, my telephone is not able to send picture at this time. I hope this additional information paints a better picture for you.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Bob

Well if the mortise is new I doubt it's the issue; the 82-218 certainly should be compatible with this type of handle set. Most likely when the mortise lock was installed, the handle was reinstalled improperly. Sometimes the key cylinder can become askew during installation, which renders them inoperable. That would explain the symptoms you're experiencing. The only solution would to carefully reinstall the current handle set. Now if this doesn't work, or if the current handle set is damaged, then you could replace it with something like our 82-086; but I don't yet believe that should be necessary. Try reinstalling the old handle set first to see if that improves operation. See the video below for the installation of a similar handle set as a reference.

Thanks, Bob for the additional information and I will reinstall the current handle set and see if this corrects my issue. If there is anything else, I will let you know.

Thanks again for your assistance.
Profile picture of Bob

Sounds like a plan! Please let us know how it works out, or if you run into any issues. If my hypothesis was wrong then we'll work on a new one. We'll definitely get this handle set working for you no matter what.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.