Need Winged Channel Balance Shoe for 29-5 GA2 CMC 9

A quick learner from Florida says:

I ordered and received part 15-004, but it won't fit. (I cracked plastic when pushing it in place). I looked at other shoes online but don't see the same shape. The slot seems too narrow where it slides over the sheet metal. (See first photo: 15-004 on left and my old part on left.)

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 683D8D62-4C0B-4B36-B447-ED2CF403AEEC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8711EAE9-321C-48D5-B8AE-67087A085771.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 69684FE6-8FB1-4FE0-B529-1D76704C6D2A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C3CA28D4-622D-47DC-9DFC-8AAF38D17DBE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 962975CE-B40B-4D9B-8F90-2BA4A0311F63.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Dennis. I'm pretty sure you were right the first time. Your shoe looks like an older version of the 15-004. I'm surprised it didn't work. 

Please give us a little time to look into this. I don't personally know what the issue may have been, but my colleague Paul knows everything there is to know about balances. I'll shoot this his way. I have no doubt he'll have an answer for you.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for waiting while we looked into this. I'm shocked our 15-004 didn't work for you. Like Tom said, this definitely looks like the right match.

It's possible you have an older style metal channel that was made to be a little thinner than the ones made today. Metal channels for these balances have changed form many times over the year. The crux of it is, if you can't get our 15-004 to fit, then you probably won't get anything in there. You may want to consider replacing the entire balance altogether.

Tom, thanks for your response.
In addition to the slot being too narrow, the 15-004 part hits metal tabs inside the balance frame that prevents it from fitting correctly.

I hope Paul knows what style shoe will fit

Regards, Dennis
Thanks, Paul. I agree with your comments.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.