Need a bigger storm door clip

A quick learner from Texas says:

Do you have any clips similar to Product Code: 70-071 that are "longer" than 1". I need something about 1 1/8 - 1 1/4" to hold the glass on an oversized storm door. I don't want anything that requires drilling into the door frame.

There is no part currently. The door is an oversize storm door with glass in the top and bottom. The top glass does not move up or down. The bottom moves up and down and has a screen also. The problem is when we have moderate winds (which we have often), the top glass seems to push in and I can see daylight around the frame. Since the bottom glass drops by itself more times than I like, my concern is the top glass will be pushed in by the wind and shatter or worse fall on one of us or our pets. My thought was to put clips on each side of the top glass to keep it secure in the frame.

There is a channel. I know your clip would work if it were more than an 1". I have some that are an inch and they are not "wide" enough. That's been the problem. The red in the picture is duct tape holding the glass.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lorraine11 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lorraine11.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't think you'll be able to get out of this situation without drilling new holes. Based on everything you described, that seems like it would fix all your problems. Otherwise you'd need a clip that is very specifically sized to the frame of the storm door, which isn't something we can provide. The original manufacturer may be able to help, but even that's a gamble.

Ultimately, your best bet is to just drill holes for a new clip. This is pretty common practice and it will fix your problem. I'm not optimistic that you can find a clip in the size and profile you want.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.