Need a new hand crank for this window

A quick learner from Memphis, TN says:
Hello,
The hand crank case for this window is cracked and no longer working. The window measurements are 44 inches tall by 21 inches wide. The hand crank measures 4 1/2 inches wide by 1 1/8 inches in depth. Could you please help me determine what part number I need to replace this crank? It is an Andersen window.

Thank you,
Brad
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Brad. I'm confident we can help, yes. Before we make a recommendation, can you just show me a picture of the operator out of the window? Or at the very least, we'd need to see as much of the operator linkage as possible.
Here are two pictures of the gearing that you requested, hope this helps identify the part number.

Brad
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you, but what we needed to see was the operator linkage. These would be the arms that physically open and close the window. We will need you to open your window as far as it can go and show us a top-down picture of these arms (or arm, singular, as the case may be). We will also need you to tell us the size of the arm, as there are a few different kinds. Look at the list I've made for you on the right side of this page to get started.
Here is a new picture. The arm extending out from the crank appears to be approximately 5 inches long. The shorter piece that connects to the end of that arm and to the window is 3 1/4 inches long. The guide arm under these two measures 6 3/4 inches long.

It appears to be the same as the second photo that you have posted above, number 39-147.

I don't know if these are reversible or not, but when standing in front of the crank and looking out of the window, mine opens from the right hand side.

Thank you,

Brad
operator crank
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect! Yes, I agree, this looks like the 39-147 and 39-146. The thing about "Left" and "Right" handed operators is that they are defined differently from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some companies define it by what side the operator sits on, others define it by what side the handle sits on, while others may define it by the direction in which the window opens. There really is no industry standard.

The best way for you to determine what operator you need is to compare your hardware to the pictures we have on our site. Does the arm face the same direction? What side are the gears on?
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.