Need a new one of these channel balance

Quick Learner from New Smyrna Beach Florida
Feb 21, 2024 11:16 am
I need one with a stronger spring I think. My window doesn't stay up with one I grabbed from another window that has same part number and window measurements.
IMG_8185 IMG_8184 IMG_8183 IMG_8180 IMG_8182
5 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Feb 21, 2024 12:57 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting! Your channel balance assembly resembles either the S351-22 with a 1" shoe or the S390-22 with a 1-1/8" shoe. To determine which series is needed for your window, look over the dimensions from the diagram below to confirm the depth of your bottom shoe.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

I'm sorry to say that I would not be able to determine if the stamp from your balances is incorrect for your window. The stamp on the balance is how we determine the weight range the balances should be able to carry to support the weight of your sash. However, we are unable to cross-reference your stamp, unfortunately.

That said, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of your sash to determine the exact stamp option you need. 

There is a chart that lists the weight ranges each stamp option can hold.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts