Need a replacement

A home owner from Winter Springs, FL says:
Hi - we need to replace this part, it's at the bottom of the front front door (we have double doors) without the door handle - it's used to lock the secondary door into place. We call it the 'thingy'- and the thingy is now so rusted the locking mechanism no longer works... I'm sure it has a proper name of some kind. Home Depot person suggested we contact you. It's 7 inches long including the rounded top and 3/4 of an inch wide. And ignore the dirt. We have kids and dogs. 'Nuff said.

Thank you!
User submitted a photo of a mortise lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 42-006 mortise flush lock and let me know how well this matches your hardware.
A quick learner says:
This is it, perfect! Thank you so much!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)