Need a size arm 4'

A quick learner from Quincy, MA says:
I bought from you the Rear Mount" Dyad Split Arm Operator(1) 39-187 : Sash Dyad Crank, 5" (1) 39-188 : Sash Dyad Crank, 5", the arm was too long so the window did not close all the way. I was wondering if you have any different size arms that are about 4' or 4 1/4' inches long or might know how to get one?

If you look at the picture you can see that the arm is shorter than the arms on the part #39-188 and 187.

Thanks in advance for any help you might give me.
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon. I'm afraid they don't make operators like this in that size anymore. However, you could drill out the old link arm and install it on the new operator using our 62-014 rivet. What do you think?
A quick learner from Quincy, MA says:
That is a great idea about the rivet...thank you.
A quick learner from Quincy says:
I ordered the recommended rivet 62-014 but that rivet was too big and did not fit the holes. Can you look at 39-187 or 39-188 and see what type of rivet i need? I drilled out the old rivet and I have the correct arm length but now i need to secure them together. Or did I do some wrong?

thanks for your help in advance.
Rich
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Sorry you are having so much trouble. It's a little odd, though. The 62-014 rivet is the rivet that the manufacturer use themselves on these operators. Check to make sure you are installing it correctly. Try cleaning out or drilling the hole out a little in the operator and link arm so that the rivet will fit. I have done this numerous times to reattach arms.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.