Need backing plate for 38-036

A quick learner from Virginia says:

I have a Window Lock (38-036) that fell out of its socket. There should be a metal backing plate used to secure the lock to the window frame but this one is missing. I'm having trouble finding a suitable metal plate (or is this something people generally make themselves?).

I'm guessing I'll also need to use #33-072 to screw them in.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_from_ios-1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_from_ios.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:


Unfortunately, we do not offer a replacement back plate for the 38-036 casement lock. You are correct that the 33-072 is commonly used to install this lock. Thanks for posting and good luck with your repair!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at