Need balance for tilt windows

A home owner from NY says:

Hi, I'm looking for replacement balances for our double hung tilt windows. It's a "no name" brand. The dimension is 1/2" wide by about 1' diameter of the coil. The windows size is 37" X 23" each. I"ll need replacement balances for all bedrooms but want to identify the correct part first.

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

It is difficult to make a good recommendation for replacing your coil balances without seeing them removed from the window. Your coil shoe looks like our 15-180 which is usually used with a Series 190 coil balance. There should be a number printed on your coil that will indicate the number of pounds that it can carry. You'll want to match that up to the new ones. I can't see your coil support hardware so I have listed a few items that you might need to hold your coils in the jamb. I've included some videos to help you remove your coils from the window.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.