Need bottom door sweeps for a Penrod exterior steel door

A professional from Gettysburg, PA says:

I can't get a good picture however the house was built in 2014. I know it's Penrod as the hinges have it's name. It has a brown sweep. I couldn't get a part number from their site. Thanks! Rob Handyman Services.

I have purchased items from you in the past and found you to be very helpful!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Rob. Unfortunately, Penrod is not a name I'm familiar with. At this stage I have no idea what kind of sweep your door uses, or if anything we sell can be used as a replacement.

Your next step should be to take a clear and unobstructed photo of the end profile. That will give me a good idea of the shape of the old seal and how it installs, hopefully. I can then check our inventory to see if we have a potential match.

A professional from Gettysburg, PA says:
Here are the images 36" door by 1-3/4"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5861.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5862.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5864.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5865.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5867.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! These photos are a huge help.

We have two possible options for you at this stage. The first is the 58-189. This installs using two kerfs that push into corresponding slots that run along the bottom of the door; these slots need to be spaced 7/8" apart for this to work. Refer to the diagram below.

The other option is the 58-176. Rather than install by pushing into slots, it just wraps around the bottom of the door and secures on the sides using screws. That makes it a very versatile and adaptable sweep that can use on basically any kind of door, as long as you can drill holes for it to install. This is a good choice if you don't have slots to fit the 58-189. I'll also share a diagram for this product for you to review.

Profile view of the high performance door bottom
Profile view of the high performance door bottom

Profile view of the duo-durometer door bottom sweep
Profile view of the duo-durometer door bottom sweep

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.