Need casement dyad window operator

A handy person from Wilmette, IL says:
I purchased a house with a missing casement operator. I am looking for help in identifying a new one. I hope the attached pictures are enough to help figure this out.

If unable to find the exact part I would settle for one I could make work with a cutting and caulk.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

It's hard to say without the original operator handy. What's the distance between the two installation holes? Those would be the two small round holes on either side of the long oval hole. Make sure to measure them from center to center, not from the edges.

If the hole distance is 3-1/8", look at our 39-069. If it's 5", then look at 39-090 and 39-188 instead. I'm hoping you have another casement window there so you can match the arms.

A handy person from Wilmette, IL says:
The width of the opening hole to hole is 4 inches. But it appears the last operator was mounted not on those holes, but near the track like 39-171 or 39-220 (see picture above with the holes near the track)

I suspect I am not going to get the exact fit, but if I get something close I could make it fit by enlarging or shifting the oval hole to the right or left.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It looks like you have a bracket similar to our 39-553 attached to the bottom of your window sash. That could work with our 39-329 operator. What do you think? If so, you will also need the handle to go with it. See our 39-114L or the folding version, our 39-205.
A handy person from Wilmette, IL says:
Thanks Dave! I ordered the 39-329 with the folding handle. I will let you know how it turns out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)