Need door weatherstripping

A home owner from Post Falls, ID says:
Hello! I need weatherstripping for my front door. The problem is that the kerf slot is 90 degrees off from the conventional location (please see photos). I would like to take advantage of the kerf and install weatherstripping with a kerf barb system, not peel and stick weatherstripping (I just removed peel and stick stuff from this door). But, as far as I can determine, all kerf insert products are designed to insert so that the barbs are thrust towards the door exterior opening, not towards the jamb.

Can you help me?! Thanks...Erik
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Erik. I'm not sure what to recommend. I have not been able to find an exact replacement for this weatherstripping. That said, take a look at our 58-055 offset bubble. This may be a possibility, though I don't know if it will close the gap between the door and jamb.
A home owner from Post Falls, ID says:
Dave...thanks for your rapid response! I checked out 58-055; I suspect it would not work. When the door would shut on 58-055, I think the plastic mounting would crush (not the bulb).

I've attached a sketch of a "modified" (via PAINT) kerf-in weather strip concept. Is such a product available? Thanks!- Erik
User submitted photo of their weatherseal.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The only other weatherseal I can think of that may work is our 58-053. Could that be a possibility?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)