Need folding white crank with 3/8' spline

A home owner from Big Pine Key, FL says:
Bought a house in FL with jalousie windows. Had plantation shutters installed and the installer said we needed to get folding cranks because shutter frames now interfere with the cranks.

Seems all the folding cranks are for 11/32" splines. Smaller T-handle cranks interfere with the mechanism. (see pics).

Do you have a 3/8" spline folding crank in white or know where I can get them? I need 8 of them.

Thanks!
Tom
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't currently have a folding handle that fits that size spline. That said, I'm not sure if a folding handle is the answer in your case. The operator is so close to the shutters that the handle will still likely hit them. The T handle you show in your photo, which looks like our 39-108, might be the best solution. Try trimming a little off of the wings, that might solve the problem.

To be honest, we see this issue a lot with shutters installed on casement windows. The fact is, the shutters have to be made with your specific casement operator hardware setup in mind. There is no easy solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.