Need for a metal track on the drawer

A quick learner from Alberta says:
In order to make this Drawer Track Kit work do you need to have a metal track on the drawer itself or do you only need to attaché the guide included to the drawer. Also does the Kensington Socket fit this track for a more durable option?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The way the 32-053 track kit works is that the flat guide screws to the drawer and then glides along the track as it operates. We actually have a video on how this track kit installs and works that should answer your question.

As for what socket fits this track, I'm afraid that I don't know what the Kensington part is in this case. I suppose you could use anything if the dimensions are right, but it really is only designed to work with the parts included. We have detailed measurements on the 32-053 store page that you can review if you wanted to experiment with an alternative.

How to install a drawer track kit
How to install a drawer track kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Installing the 32-053 Drawer Track Kit
Installing the 32-053 Drawer Track Kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.