Need hardware for 1940's casement windows

A home owner from USA says:

Hello,

My home has the old casement windows which require a stick to open and close them. I want to replace the hardware either with new casement cranks that don't require a stick, or convert the windows into push-out casements by adding a handle and possibly new hinges.

Can you think of anything you carry that would enable a clever handyman to modify my windows this way?

I apologize for the photos not being clear; the screens are in the way! I hope you can get some idea of what the windows look like.

Thank you so much for your help!

Best,

Paula

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Dsc00396.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Dsc00397.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Dsc00398.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Dsc00399.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Paula. These are super old windows and I'm not sure if any of our more modern casement operators can work for you. That said, I want to shoot this over to my colleague Dave. He has a better eye for this kind of window than I do and he may have some magic trick up his sleeve. We hope to get back to you soon one way or the other. Thanks for your patience!

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Y'know what, I think I do have something up my sleeve. Paula, please look at our 39-268 old style casement operator. This looks similar to the one in your photos. It's not exactly the same but it is pretty close in terms of how they function. Let me know what you think.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
GUIDE
READ >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.