Need hardware for Fenestra bifold metal door

A quick learner from Plymouth Meeting, PA says:
Hello-

I would like to replace the hardware on my Fenestra metal closet doors. I have enclosed the pictures, which I hope demonstrate the proper dimensions. Unfortunately, I purchased 21-001, 21-007, 21-154, which are for a similar door, but do not fit mine. I was hoping you could point me to the correct replacement parts.

Sincerely,
Michael
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210313_192258308.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210313_192427427.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210313_192637682.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210313_192655553.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210313_193822017.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry I can't find your pin in the archives of Fenestra, so hold off and please don't procure anything else while I try and investigate this for you. In your third photo, are the nylon round cylinders the pivot brackets for the track? What is their inside and outside diameter? Does the 5/16" grommet, our 21-149, seem to be the correct size for the pin? Does the 1/2" seems to fit the square hole in the door? The nylon cap on the 5/16" threaded pin, is it 3/8" in diameter and is it missing a wide brim? Let me know the answers to these queries and we'll proceed from there. 

Hi, thanks so much for getting back to me.

Yes, the nylon round cylinders are the pivot brackets. Nylon cylinder cap ID 3/8, OD 9/16
The pin diameter is 5/16 inch, so the 5/16 Grommet should fit it.
The square holes are 1/2 inch, yes.
The nylon cap for the pin is 3/8 in, as far as I know it never had a brim.
Profile picture of Paul

Okay thank you for the dimensions. For the threaded pin you show, you can use the 21-033 pin with one 21-149 grommet. It will work with the old track with the cylinder pivot block or the new track. The spring loaded pins, 21-007 should work with the Grommet 21-149 in the door and to secure the door pin, the 21-155 palnut. Again the pin should work in the old and new track.

Great, thank you. Can you tell me where the grommets and palnut are placed to secure the pins? Do the grommets go in the superior or inferior square hole, and where does the palnut go?
Profile picture of Paul

The grommets go in the square cut outs where you are placing the pins. The 21-033 thread pin will require one grommet in the lower cut out and the nylon nut that comes with the thread pin will act as the top grommet. You won't need the cylinder washer. For the guide pin 21-007, you will need two grommets. After you install the spring guide pin, you can lock it with the palnut on the metal portion of the pin to prevent it from falling out when installing the doors on the track.

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.