Need help clarifying what to order :)

A handy person from New York says:
Hello All,

I am looking at replacing all the channel slides in my house (2 have broken 3 are almost broken, might as well do it all at once)

I need:
4x 2830A replacement balances (with top and bottom plastics) - i couldn't tell if these came with or were separate
20x 2230 replacement balances (same as above)

24 Upper Window Sashes. The closest looks like the 5/8" acorn but the measurements are not quite the same mine are (and forgive me for not using the appropriate names):

Top wide bit: 7/8" wide
distance from top to center of screw hole: 3/8"
Total height: 1 7/8"
width: 5/8"
Deepest depth (at top) 1 1/8"
Smallest depth: 3/8"

Do I also need lower window sashes? The current windows do not have them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190607_140809.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190607_140832.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named MVIMG_20190607_140841.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named MVIMG_20190607_140843.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. All of our balances come with top and bottom nylon fittings installed already. They're pre-assembled and ready to install out of the box. I'm just not sure what you have. Can you show me one clear photo of the top nylon fitting and one clear photo of the bottom nylon fitting? That will allow us to narrow down the Series.

When you say sash, do you mean the top sash guide in your last two photos? A sash is the square glass panel that you raise and lower. I ask this because you say that your windows don't have lower sashes, which would definitely be a big deal.

If you need top sash guides, see our 18-039. This looks like yours, though it's not available in black. You should have these on all sashes.

Hi Tom,

When I say sash, i meant the sash guide like the last two photos (thank you for the clarification. ) Window terms are new to me but I'm a really fast learner.

let me add photos of the top and bottom nylon fittings for you.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190611_144145.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190611_144134.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! These are a huge help. I was able to narrow this balance down to two possible choices: our Series 351 or our Series 390. The only difference between these balances is the depth of the bottom nylon fitting; the Series 351 comes with the 15-002, which is 1" deep, and the Series 390 comes with the 15-001, which is 1-1/8" deep.

When I say depth, you can think of this as the "heel to toe" measurement, assuming the balance is standing straight up like it is while installed.

Profile picture of Tom

In that case, take a look at our Series 390 channel balance to see if this would make a better option on a replacement. 

Looks like 1-1/8" it is definitely more than 1"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15605224194902522567380554478087.jpg
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.