Need help finding the correct spring

A quick learner from Vallejo, CA says:
I hope you have a replacement to match the photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28442DFC-435A-40E5-89C0-A6E794DA05A3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8BCB8653-1541-4CD2-8438-035018FDCA36.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 65D39EA6-FF41-4ABC-B0A9-6F7649F3E370.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It looks like you need a new pivot shoe, too. Please see our 15-231. I think this matches what you have quite well, but see if you agree.

As for the balance spring, I can't make out what you have from these photos. Can you remove an undamaged version and show me a clear picture of the top end, bottom end, and the clip at the end of the cord? That's the same clip that goes into the shoe. Finally, please give me the exact weight of the sash, down to the ounce.

You are probably correct, I will need a spreader tool as there is a rigid vinyl track that does not have cutouts. I don't quite see how the part will attach to the small metal loop attached to the nylon string. Also what part number for the latch mechanism. That too is broken. It's the first photo.
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you very much. Your pivot shoe looks like a match for our 15-231, though I don't think your exact style balance is made anymore. The good news is that you should be able to use our S770-27 with a 27C stamp to replace it. Look it over and let me know if you agree. 

Finally, concerning that lock, I'm afraid we don't even have a substitute for this. It's just not a part we can help with at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you for the information. My remaining concern is that even if I have the 15-231 replacement part, I don't know how I will manage to insert it into the track which is aluminum sash. I'm almost certain that using a spreader tool will deform the track and there is no cutout at the top or bottom. Can you please confirm. If it is impossible, I could alway cut out and make a cut out to insert the component.
It hard to fathom that the manufacturer of the sash did not provide a means to repair it.
Profile picture of Tom

You definitely can't use spreaders on an aluminum window, no, but you can make a cutout. In fact we have a video showing you how to do just that. You can see it below.

And believe me, I know exactly how you feel. Some window manufacturers make their windows without any way to repair or replace little parts like this and it can be infuriating. I can only assume that they would rather you buy a whole new window from them than a little replacement part from someone else. Fortunately, we have a way around that. I hope this video helps.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.