Need help selecting right channel

A home owner from San Diego California says:
I have 33 inch long channel (excluding end plastic pieces) by 1/2 inch wide,
Non-ribbed channel
Winged at top and bottom
bottom wings seems about 1 3/8 inches
Weight is 38.5 pounds
Marking is 32DS of 39

The way the top of the spring clips into the top seems different that your pictures for the Series 385.

My sash guides are broken too.

Need 6 sash guides and 4 sets of channel balances
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B4349FD4-342D-4BCA-BB25-3024F3928B11.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 804E2D20-AC53-405A-AFA5-8B7D4AB705C9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 704996BD-93B3-4CE9-BB65-1497751F2FA8.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. I wouldn't worry about the slight differences in the spring configuration; that varies by who made the balance. This is definitely either an S380-33 or S385-33, depending on the depth of the bottom nylon shoe. See the picture below for details. If the sash weighs exactly 38.5 pounds, you can use a new stamp option of 3265, which will support a sash that weighs 35 through 39 pounds. 

For the Top Sash Guide, see our 18-171. The top 'hat' is a little taller, but you can simply snip a bit of it off to make up the difference. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
A home owner from San Diego California says:
If I wanted to switch to a metal top sash guide. What would you recommend? All the problem windows are from these broken plastic sash guides.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

There's really none I would recommend. There honestly aren't many instances where a different type of Top Sash Guide can replace the one you have. Now, Top Sash Guides do tend to break down from sunlight exposure and age. They otherwise should last a good while, but it's not so surprising that they'd all fail at once. If that's what has happened, then replacing them with the 18-171 is the best course of action. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.