Need help with ID of clips for storm window

A home owner from Madison WI says:
No branding on these clips or the windows. The storm windows are standard 1/8" glass with frame. The plastic slides in the clips slide into holes in the window trim.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 02D646C4-A9F9-4D1D-AC36-DB69DE00D8E8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 79812D39-1F27-469D-A6C1-0D3622D8D1C2.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that I don't recognize this clip. Can you tell me what it's purpose is? Does it help keep the storm window in the frame? Do you also happen to know who made the window?

A home owner from Madison WI says:

Hi Tom,

Yes, the clips hold the storm windows in place, by inserting the pins into holes in the wooden window frame. The holes have little metal tubes to receive the pins, so I guess that's part of the assembly.

Unfortunately no branding or ID numbers on the storm windows or clips. The house is 100 years old, but the storm windows were probably added more recently.

If you can't identify them, maybe you could suggest something similar that would do the job?

Thanks for your help!

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

We do not carry this storm panel clip, unfortunately. I believe it is unique to this type of framing. You could use a surface mounted clip like the 70-197, but it would look different from what you have now. This storm frame you have looks like a special internal type storm panel. Check in your area on who installs internal storm windows of older historic homes. Maybe you can locate an installer or manufacture of this type of storm window.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.