Need help with parts, Thank you in advance

A quick learner from California says:
Metal coil balance snapped in half. Not sure to replace the whole mechanism or just the coil balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello from SWISCO! The nylon fitting looks like our 15-102 double side load carrier that holds two Series 145 coil springs. If the nylon fitting is not broken just replace the broken springs. You will need the spring weight number stamped on the old spring when ordering. Hope this helps!

Hi Paul from SWISCO

Thank you for your reply. I have since unrolled the coil and did not find the spring weight. Would it make sense to weigh the window?

Much appreciated
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Absolutely. Weigh the sash and divide the weight by the number of coils. That will tell you how many pounds per coil you need. Then, you can choose a coil stamp that is close to (or the same as) the pounds-per-coil number. If you get funny results or become confused, send the weight to me.

Thanks Paul

Hi Paul

I just weigh the window sash and it came out to be 7.7 lbs.
I will order the Series 145 coil springs for the 7lbs since the other side of the sash (non Broken) has 1 coil spring.

Thank you very much for your guidance.

Chong
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.