Need info on correct window opener

A home owner from Stratford ct says:
Our old crank is in the bottom left of this pic. The new one sent us is on the upper right,but it does not retract far enough into the closer to to completely shut the window. What one do I really need? part # is 39-089
Thanks

Phil
operator gear
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you uncrank the operator a little and show me a clear picture of the gear arm? That would help us determine what may work.
A quick learner from Stratford Ct says:
Hi Toom,

Attached are the pics you requested \. The old system is below and the new one is on top. we need to replace the old one on the bottom. As you requested these are better pics of the lower crank arm.

Hop[e this helps

Phil Levine
Need info on correct window opener
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yep, I thought so. I recommend our 39-187, instead. As you can see, the gear arm is a different shape. I know it's not obvious at first glance, but if you look closely you'll see that the 39-089 you bought has a "Z" shaped arm, while your old operator, and the 39-187, have a "W" shaped arm.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.