Need new Window shoes and springs

A quick learner from Pennsauken NJ says:
Hello.. I tried measuring the shoes for the window to see if I could get replacement parts. Ltheybdont come out however. Any suggestions? Any way of identifying the parts? Both sides are broken.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200711_113430.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200711_113421.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200711_113404.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200627_135354.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200627_135358.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can definitely help, but I'm sorry to say I can't ID what you have from these photos. We will definitely need to see them removed. I'll share a couple tutorial videos that may help you to this end. Once you have the balance out, show me a couple pictures of the setup without obstruction and I'll see what I can find.

Hey Tom, I just wrote a whole thing and I'm not sure if it went through.. anyway thanks for the videos. Are these pics ok? Thanks, Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200727_220728.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200727_220712.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200727_220712.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200727_220647.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

These pictures are a huge help, in fact! I believe you can use our 17/32" thick 15-228 pivot shoe to replace this. This is itself compatible with the 1/2" thick Series 160 spring. Look these two parts over and let me know what you think.

Ok great thanks. Oh I forgot to get the thickness. Adding pics just to confirm. Is it possible if i stop in tomorrow or is everything online? Do you think I need the 3 springs or will 1 work? And do I need a new plastic piece to hold the spring? That piece doesn't look broken right? Thanks for all the help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200728_124337.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200728_124249.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200728_124229.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid our business is only online. I don't believe there's anyone at the office now anyway, due to the quarantine. I apologize for the inconvenience. It is cool that you live in Pennsauken, though. I grew up right off Browning and Maple.

Your spring looks to be 1/2" thick so the Series 160 is perfect. As for quantity, I would stick with what you have. The video above was just to show the general method of removal. The plastic piece you use to hold the spring seems to be in great condition so you can probably reuse that. 

Awesome. I guess you guys do business all over now, but home depot recommended I contact you guys. Super close. I'll order up the parts and let u know how it goes. Thanks so much.
Oh. One more question.. what pounds should I choose on the springs? They offer 3.5lbs, 4lb,5lb.. etc
Profile picture of Tom

I'm actually not sure. That will depend on the number printed on the old spring. Usually it's a direct correlation to the options we have available on the store page.

If there is no stamp on your old springs then we will instead need to know the weight of the sash, preferably down to the ounce. I can then do a little math to figure out exactly how strong each spring needs to be so that your window works normally again.

15.6 lbs.
I couldn't find any markings on it
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! In that case, I recommend the S160-7 coil spring. This carries 7.5 pounds, for a total support range of 15 pounds, but that should be more than sufficient for your sash weight.

Hey Tom. Just got everything fixed. I had to cut into the window more and I cut the things that hold the springs but I got it in. Thanks a million. - Mike
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome! I'm very happy everything worked out. If you ever needed anything in the future, you know where to find us.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.