Need new rollers for sliding glass door

A handy person from Moorpark, CA says:

Hello Swisco,

The sliding glass door on my older home is having problems with the rollers. I cannot see a manufacturer's name on the door, but when I removed the handle, it had a patent number that matched Swisco (Canadian patent #919213).

Attached are pictures of the roller. I need two of them. If you need exact dimensions, I would be happy to provide.

Do you have any patio door rollers that match my requirements?

Thank you,

Chris 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20180714_185142.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20180714_172120.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20180714_172134.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20180714_172050.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20180714_172102.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Chris. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this exact roller. However, I have replaced rollers similar to yours with our 81-023. You will need to remove the bottom rail off the glass door so to drill and counter sink for a 33-103 screw to mount the new roller in the bottom rail of the door. Could this work for you?

A handy person from Moorpark, CA says:
Hello Dave Sr. - thank you for the reply. I am willing to do whatever to fix. I already removed the door, bottom piece, and more to get the roller off to take the pictures. I do not see the width and height specifications for this roller. I'm on my phone, so maybe I need to view from my computer to see more detail. Can you please provide the dimensions.
Questions - (1) if I purchase and it doesn't fit, what is your return policy? (2) the door is rather heavy - could I put a third roller in the middle of the door to make it roll smoother?
Thanks,
Chris
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The diagram below shows the dimensions of our 81-023 roller. You can also review the details of our 30-day return policy here
Alternate image for 81-023
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)