Need parts and cleaning instructions for easier opening.

A handy person from Toronto, Ontario Canada says:
Hello: The name I found on the windows in my Mother's house is: Thermal
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you sent us pictures from our catalog. Specifically, you showed us our 90-133L and 26-147. Are these what you're looking to purchase? If so, you can order them directly from our site. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you need cleaning instructions. Can you specify? What are you having trouble with, exactly?
A quick learner from Toronto, Ontario Canada says:
Hello:
I just wanted to confirm that these parts are available. Yes these are the pieces I need. After cleaning the tracks on the sides the windows went up and down much easier. Only one of the four windows open and stay at a desired position the other three require a stick to hold them up. Can you tell me what part of the window mechanism is possibly damaged causing this problem.
Thanks, Wayne
Profile picture of Paul
Sounds like a problem with the window balance. If you were to remove one of your balances from the window and show me a picture of it, I can recommend a possible replacement.
A quick learner from Toronto, Ontario Canada says:
Hello:

I have sent you an e-mail already regarding Thermal-gard windows my mother has on her house. I am certain that these windows are atleast 35 years old. I have attached 2 photos, one of the pivot bar (bottom.JPG) which is plastic on the bottom of the window. I am sure my windows have the same spring loaded long pivot bar on both sides. It makes sense though that only one has to be spring loaded and move in and out. Please confirm this is the case or I should use both spring loaded. Can I purchase the spring that is used to actuate the pivot bar. The ones that are broken do not move so I am assuming the spring fell out. I also need the screw that holds the cover over the bar in place.

The second photo is the pivot that appears to be part 15-070 that is indicated as related to the other parts that I need. I am not sure if you need me to removed the pivot and clean it off and photograph and measure it to be certain.

Can you please give me the part number of the pieces that I have mentioned (springs & screws included) I would like to order what I need.

Thanks inadvance for your help, Wayne
Spiral balance hardware
Profile picture of Paul
The bottom tilt bar is no longer plastic, but die cast metal; see our 26-356. This comes in a set. You are correct when you say that one pivot bar is spring loaded while the other is stationary. I'm personally not sure what size spring or screw they used for the Thermal guard window, but I associated a couple to this thread you can consider. You may need to find something at a hardware store.

The other photo shows a part similar to our 15-070 pivot shoe, as well as a Series 600 spiral balance. You might need to replace the Series 600 balances if they no longer hold a charge. To check that, you will need the 75-006 charging tool to check the tension. See our guides and videos on the right hand side of this page for more information.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.