Need pivot pin/bar and pivot shoes

A home owner from Texas says:
Hi.

I have several windows where the pivot pins and/or shoes are broken and need to be replaced. The windows were purchased by the previous homeowner from Window World and were manufactured by AMI according to the documentation.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated very much!!

I am also curious whether I will need a spiral balance charging tool to change the broken pivot shoes. Your video on replacing shoes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDiAmRznucU) suggests that I won't...

Thanks,
James

The pivot shoes in our windows that I recently asked about (reference D116568) look like the 15-175 shoe shown in the photo posted by this customer. But in my case, there is no coil balance connected to the shoe. There also doesn't seem to be a spiral balance attached to any of the shoes I have examined so far. There should be some sort of balance mechanism attached to the shoe, shouldn't there? Do companies ever install windows with a balance? That might explain why our windows are so hard to open!!

Correction: I looked at the windows again and there IS a coil balance connected to the shoe (three, in fact). I just didn't notice the strip of metal in the channel!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. You correctly identified the pivot shoe as our 15-175, which is meant to be used with our Series 152 spring. The coil spring is screwed to the side of the pivot shoe and the pivot bar would be our 26-405

Window manufacturers always have some type of balance system in their window so the sashes can operate. You won't need a charging tool to install them, since they just screw onto the shoe.

Thanks for your help! The parts are ordered and with any luck, the windows will be repaired soon!!
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.