Need replacement channel balance

A quick learner from Phoenix says:
Hi We need a replacement for the aluminum spring assembly for AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S.2-97 windows. H-R25 48by 72 inch. We only need one. Please assist.
thanks Chris
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2B238492-1328-4EF8-A79C-5C276D987DB8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9807E04A-324F-439D-9ED2-B58FB4CEA7BF.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Chris,

It looks like you have either our S351, 1" thick, or S390 , 1-1/8" thick, channel balance. Take a look at the image below to determine which balance you'll need. You'll also need to know the length of your balance and the weight of your sash in order to choose the correct option.

Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002

It is the 1inch by about 25.5 inches. Don't know how much the sash weighs. The sash is 26 by 46 inches

Does that help?

Chris

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid not. You could go by the stamp printed on your old balance, but if you aren't sure what it reads or if you can't find it, you will need the exact weight of your sash. You also mention your metal channel is about 25.5" long. Can you confirm the exact length of the metal channel? If it's 25.5", it has to be a custom order.

The window weighs 30 lbs. the metal channel is 26 inches long including the plastic fittings on either side. I took a picture of the stamp on the balance. I'm sure it wasn't a custom order. What sizes are close to these specifications?

Thanks

Chris

Profile picture of Tom

You don't want to include the plastic fittings in your length measurement, only the metal channel. If your metal channel by itself is 25.5" long, it will need to be custom made. If that is the case, please tell me how many you need and we can get started on that.

The metal channel is 25 inches long. I don?t think it was custom. What sizes are there?
We just need one.
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I see. If the metal channel is only 25" long, then you just need to decide what Series you have. I recommend going back to Casey's first response. Like she said, you either have the Series 351 or Series 390. Once you figure that out, just select the 25" long balance and the 2450 option and you'll be good to go.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.