Need replacement for sliding patio glass door

A quick learner from USA says:
I think it is close to the 81-286, however the dimensions of the 81-286 are not the same as the part I have. I have looked through all the single wheel patio rollers and do not find any others that are like this. Am I missing anything? What are your suggestions?? Is there any way that I could just replace the wheel and use the old bracket??

The length of my part is 2 6/16 " long. I do not think this is significant as there is room for longer and shorter in the rail. The height is 1 1/8" which has to be spot on because it fits inside the bottom rail. The length from the top to the tab on the side is 17/32" . There are cut outs on the side of the rail which the tabs slide into and lock the roller bracket into place. This is important in order to line up with the cutouts. The width of the bracket is 21/32" with the widest part containing the tabs to be 3/4". The wheel diameter is 1 1/4".

Hope this will help you. I have no success in getting through on your phone line. Thank you so much for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2061.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2062.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2063.jpg
A quick learner from USA says:
What do you think about using the old bracket and you guys supplied me with some new metal wheels. I could use a drill press to drill out the centers of the old rollers and then use some new rivets to install the new rollers
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. I appreciate the detailed information, it's a huge help.

I see what you mean. I've been pouring over our inventory and I couldn't find anything that matches up to your dimensions. The biggest limiting factor is the housing height; 1-1/8" is pretty short for this style roller and everything we have in this style is too tall by a significant margin.

The only thing we carry that's even close is our 81-270 (or 81-275 stainless steel), but the style is different enough to give me pause. I'm just not confident that these will work.

You asked in your follow up post whether or not you can just replace the wheels. If your housing is still in good condition then this would absolutely be your best option. See our 81-266 repair kit for 1-1/4" diameter wheels. I think this will be your best bet.

How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.