Need replacement handle for Security Screen

A friend from Palm Springs says:
Hello and thank you. Need a new handle (hopefully with lock) for a security screen.

Photo's follow - reference those without hardware is the door that needs hardware. Photo's with hardware is identical security screen (one door) on rear of house. At some point the front handle and lock was switched with that in the rear - as the rear hardware is non functional (lock) - missing or broken spring. Otherwise would simply put rear hardware on front security door.

When the front became non functional, owner dismantled and discarded all parts.

I could find no names or markings on any of the doors or parts I could see. The security screen needing the hardware is the right door (from outside) of a double door security screen. The second door (left hand security screen) has upper and lower bolts into frame to hold securely.

I have sequenced photo's so those with hardware follow the similar photo without hardware. I hope this provides everything you need Oh, the width of the security screen is 3/4".

I am pretty handy and can retrofit a handle of similar size for a 3/4" wide security screen.

Thank you! Fred

User submitted photos of security door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 40-214 handle set and see if this matches up to yours. This could be what you're looking for. We also carry the internal mortise lock, 40-213, if that's all you need to replace.
A friend from Palm Springs says:
Dave, it looks just like the one in the photo. Now our measurement has the width of the door at 3/4" and this one seems to fit a 7/8"-1". Could it be our measurement is wrong since the internal mortise lock is gone (the mortise which would likely push out the sides a bit?).
You are the expert - and I am ready to give it a go. If it perchance doesn't fit, can we return it?
Thanks. Fred
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe this is the best match we have for the handle you show in your photos. It was used by security storm door manufacturers like what you have. The width of the 40-213 is 9/16", so the internal mortise latch should be a good fit.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 40-214 Security Door Lever Mortise Lock Set
How to install the 40-214 Security Door Lever Mortise Lock Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.