Need replacement handles for 2" door

A home owner from California Bay Area says:
I need to replace my door handle with a crappy improvised installation and swiss-cheese holes cut in the door frame. The door is an unusual 2" thick. The handle appears to have 4" between screw holes, which I assume is actually 3 15/16". The lock is centered. The door is rather heavy, so the stress over time has stripped the screw holes on the outer piece. What options do I have for a replacement handle with an outer lock?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190706_190020.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190706_190130.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190706_191252.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Hm, this entire setup certainly is a little strange! You're using something like our 82-035 Handle Set for what it appears to be an Andersen door, as indicated by your mortise lock, which is the 82-263. We have these individual parts, though we won't have an exact replacement for the key lock on the outside. However continuing to use a non-Andersen handle for this door I don't think will be reliable over time. Just keep that in mind if you continue to go with this setup.

A home owner from California Bay Area says:
I agree, it is strange. Long story short: our local airport, as part of an upgrade agreement, replaced the windows and patio doors of all the homes in the flight path to 2" double-paned for noise reduction.

Just to clarify, in case the picture is confusing, the outer handle is just the blocky part. There is a sheet-metal plate under it, which hides extra holes and exposed screws. Unfortunately, that is the part that is stripped, and which needs to be replaced. Also, the inside handle is not the original; that broke a while ago.

I did go to the Andersen web site, and didn't find any appropriate replacement parts. It also didn't seem to have the expert advice that you guys provide (kudos for that, by the way). In addition, the parts I am using seem rather flimsy for such a heavy door. If you can help me put together something sturdier, I would be much happier.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for bearing with us during this busy time of the year. OK, it certainly sounds like this was a custom job, and the sheet metal is hiding the extra holes that were likely used for original Andersen hardware. It's going to be very difficult to say exactly what you need without the original hardware, and the problem with custom jobs is there's no reliable way of saying what's going to work with a modified door. I've made a list of some of Andersen patio door hardware on this page. Look this over and see if certain items--such as the pulls and locks--match the hole spacing on your door. Let me know what you find.

VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.