Need replacement parts for this Bifold closet

A quick learner from Hialeah, FL says:
I need the rods for top and bottom for all 4 points of the door. These are very old And the closet is not lined up correctly. SO hoping that new parts will make the door work smoother. I have a few more pics. But could not upload due to max pics reached.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200211_183544.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200211_183511.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200211_183515.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200211_183041.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200211_183045.jpg
Please help with what parts fit and should purchase. I need both top and bottom pieces. 4 in total.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200211_183107.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200211_183145.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200211_183353.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200211_183426.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200211_183457.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. We may be able to help, but I'll need a bit more information. First, can you tell me the diameter of these pins? Would you also happen to know who made the doors? That will help us find good replacement options for each corner. Thank you!

Diameter no i do not. Just know they are old. Some more pics here. As i could not find a name of manufacturer. Hope this helps.

Don't know why the pics are coming out side ways after upload. Sorry.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200222_160044.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200222_160041.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200222_160057.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200222_160113.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200222_160108.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the additional photos. It looks like you have the old style Peachtree bi-fold doors. We carry the new style that should work for your track. The two pivot blocks would be our 21-210, the top pivot pin would be the 21-029, and the bottom threaded adjusted pin would be the 21-030. The two guide pins for the top and bottom track are the 21-028. Review all the parts mentioned and let me know what you think. 

OK just got around to ordering the suggested parts. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you very much! Please let us know how it goes.

Paul,

I received the parts ordered today. First thing I noticed was that the diameter of the pins were larger than what is currently installed. Second I got the top pivot the came with the white cap on and it did not fit in the track. It was larger that the track separation. As for the pivot bracket it also looks too large to fit in the track. So these are not the parts for this bifold closet/track set.

What is the next step to get the correct parts and how do I return this for exchange?

Luis
Profile picture of Tom

I'm very sorry to hear that the recommended parts did not work for you. Since they were all too big, can you tell me what the diameters of your existing pins and caps are?

As for exchanging the wrong parts, let's figure out what size you need first and cross that bridge when we get there.

OK so I finally got my hands on a caliper and this is the reading I got. Diameter of the pin that goes in the hole is. 1.870. Hope this is correct and helps.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm not sure if that's accurate. That's almost 2", which is enormous. The base diameter of each pin you purchased is 9/32", which is .281". Can you double check for me?

Ok I am going to try this again. As it looks like my last message did not go through. I was wondering why I had not received a response from you. As you guys have always been good at that. Good communication.

Here are the measurement I got of the diameter of the pin as requested by you. I used a caliper if I am correct, and decided to send pics of the measurements. Hope this helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20200509_122936.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20200509_135653.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20200509_122958.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20200509_122944.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul

We were able to find some old pins that were used by Peachtree and Float-A-Way that I think may be better for you. See our 21-033 bottom guide pin, 21-035 bottom pivot pin, and 21-201 pivot bracket. The top spring loaded pins aren't available, but we still have some nylon caps, specifically the  21-104 that fits on a 3/16" pin tip. 

That said, we were told by manufacturer the new style pins you bought would work. I'm not sure if these old pins will, with that in mind. Please compare these old pins to yours regardless and see what you think.

OK so what are my option for 21-033 and 21-035. Can I get those and then return the ones I purchased that do not fit. And do like and even swap?
Profile picture of Paul

Yes, you can return the pins you purchased for a refund and then place an order for the new parts at your convenience. You can see our return policy here.

Ok do I need an RMA # or anything from you? Or do I just simply return it in the package it came, to address on the label.
Profile picture of Paul

I can't do anything for you here, but you can just return your item according to the specifications in our return policy.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.