Need replacement sash balancers and locks

A contractor from Cape Coral, Florida says:

These are tilt-out double pane single hung aluminum frame windows designed to fit in concrete block construction. The metal portion of the balancer is 28" long and the spring inside it is about 18" long. I will buy at least a dozen of these if you have them. I need the whole assembly including the piece at bottom that the window fits into. 

I also need a couple of replacement lock assemblies that sit on top of the bottom sash. 

These windows were made in 2001, the company is out of business. I can't remember the entire brand name but pretty sure "2000" was part of the name, like Light**** 2000 or something similar.

Thanks,

David 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180429_111206.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180429_154548.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! 

For your lock/latch combo, I'd recommend our 26-413P.

I'm not sure about the balance that you have. I will need to see a few more pictures to be able to determine the best replacement for you. Take a clear photo of the top, where it installs in the frame, a picture of the stamp printed on the metal channel, and lastly, a clear photo of the metal clip at the end of the cord.

Thanks so much! 

I've attached additional pics of the assembly, showing from top to bottom. I'm not sure what you mean by the stamp printed on the channel. There aren't any words or markings stamped on it.

Hope this helps.

David Cobb
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pic 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pic 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pic 5.jpg
Paul,

I sent you some additional pics last week. Did you get them? May not matter, see below:

I figured out the windows are Milestone series 2000. The stamp on the channel is "unique 27-D-40", so I would guess that's a D sash weight. The channel is 28" long even though the stamp says 27. It is 28" long, 9/16" wide and 1/2" thick. Looks like your part S770-28 balance would be correct, but want to confirm.

David
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us! I agree, the S770-28 looks like a great match. Your stamp rating is a little different from the one we use for the Series 770, so you may want to weigh your sash just to be sure.

Thanks. Yeah it is different, weighs just over 30 lbs, so I need an E not a D.
I need one more thing if you have it. It is the plastic valance or cover for the balancer. It is 28" long, 5/8" wide on one side and 1/2" wide on the other side.

If it comes in random length that is OK I can cut to fix.

I've attached a pic for reference.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180507_104534.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we don't sell balance covers. I would recommend contacting a local hardware store. If they don't have this cover, they may have the materials needed to fashion one.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.