Need replacement spring

A quick learner from union says:
sash is 18 " vertical dimension OD
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200814_120936.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200814_120830.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200814_120933.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should be able to supply you with a good match for this spring. Before I recommend anything, can you first show me a picture of the pivot shoe to which it connects? I want to make sure that whatever I recommend for you will be compatible. Can you also confirm how thick the spring is?

Here is the pivot shoe
john
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200818_152126.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! That's a big help. That looks like our 15-192 pivot shoe. That means you want our Series 170 spring, as well as a 15-156 cover and 15-157 bushing, if you also needed those. The video below will show you how all these parts work together.

One thing to note is that you only need to replace what's broken. You can reuse the rest.

Does the series 170 spring work with all size sashes. I have windows from 12" to 30"
Thank you
John Neglia
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, it does. The only thing you have to account for is the strength calibration, which is indicated by a stamp printed on the old spring.

Unfortunately the end got cut off in my effort to my effort to get the window closed I will do that in the future any suggestions about what to do now?

John 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200820_091450.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm not sure why your springs snapped like that, aside from assuming that they are just old and worn down. You'll need to get new springs to replace these.

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.