Need replacement spring - no number

A quick learner from 29681 says:
I am trying to figure out which spring to buy but there is not a balance number on the spring. This is a single hung vinyl window installed around 1998.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 (1).jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Your pivot shoe is an older version of our 15-180. Although yours isn't made anymore, the more modern style we carry should work fine. We also sell the Series 190 coil spring to go with it.

Since there's no stamp on the old spring, I will need you to tell me the exact weight of the sash. I'd also like you to confirm that you only have one spring on each side of the window. That's the only other way to determine what Series 190 option will work.

The sash weights 17.8 pounds. There is one spring on each side of the window.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! In that case I recommend the S190-940. These carry 9 pounds each for a total support of 18 pounds, which should be fine for your sash.

Thanks Tom. Do you recommend me purchasing both the pivot shoe and coil springs for both sides?
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, I think that would be a good idea in this case. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.