Need replacement window balances

A handy person from Mantua, OH says:
Can you suggest a replacement type of window balance?
The window was manufactured by American Weather-Seal. It is a steel channel type with a hook at the top and a plastic shoe at the bottom. The bottom shoe is broken.
The balance is marked "24C" left hand.
The manufacturer is no longer in business and looking for the replacement part or an alternate replacement that will work as well.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3100.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3101.JPEG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like a version of our Series 775 we see from time to time. Confirm the metal channel length? If it's 24", you'll need an S775-24 with a stamp option of 24C. Measure the size of the bottom wedge shoe to determine which size you need. Note that with this replacement, you'll need to drill a hole in the window jamb to secure it, since it screws into the jamb rather than using a hook like your old balance.

How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at