Need some help

A home owner from Ft. Meyers, Florida says:

I need a few pieces to help me get the windows fixed in a house we are getting ready to sell. Two sets of two springs each. Here is what I know:

Set 1: 30" long with no numbers printed on or stamped into the balancing rod. They are 1/2' wide. It is from a window that is a single pane 30' by 48'. I added pictures of the ends and have more here if there is a way to send them.

Set 2: 35" long with 34 3 IW CMC 7 printed on it. It is from a single pane 33" by 68" window. I am giving you the size because we can't weigh the windows, the scale is gone already.

Last thing we need is about two dozen 18-166 sash cams. These seem to bake and break a lot here.

I can give you the card information for the order.

Thank you for your help and for such a detailed website.

Mike 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1896.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1897.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1898.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Mike.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We'd be happy to help but I'm afraid I can't identify your balance from these photos. Would it be possible for us to see an unobscured view of an undamaged bottom fitting? 

A home owner from Ft. Meyers, Florida says:

Absolutely. If you need any other angle or anything, please let me know.

Feel free to call...

Regards,

Mike

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1913.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1914.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1915.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1916.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Perfect! Thanks for getting back to me. Based on what you show in these photos, I would recommend our Series 380 or Series 385. Measure as shown in the photo below to see which one matches up the best. 

For the 34 3 stamped balance, you would need the 3430 spring strength option. If the 30" balance has no stamp, you would need to weigh your sash and refer to the chart under the product description on the S380 and S385 store pages to determine the appropriate spring strength option for your balance. I know you said your scale is gone but I'm afraid weighing the sash is the only way to find out what spring strength you'll need. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.