Need the correct part numjber to order.

A handy person from Detroit MI says:
I would never have believed how difficult it would be to figure out what the right part number is to replace one of these balancers. I have removed the unit and none of the numbers stamped into the unit correlate to any number I've seen on any website (yours or Andersen's), nor do the "visible glass" dimensions. This is for an Andersen Narroline. The numbers on the balancer are J6 (or Jb) 5P27 1076. The visible glass is 22 high and 20 1/4 wide. What do I order and how do I know it will be right one?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey! Sorry you're having so much trouble. However, you just gave us the very information we needed. 5P27 is the stamp we want to look at. Usually with these balances there is a symbol that looks like #, or an H, or in this case a P. It's usually stamped a little differently than the numbers around it. This is the key. I now know that the identifying stamp on your balance is 527.

With that in mind, check out our 24-531. This can replace balance boxes with the 527 stamp.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)