Need the tool to adjust tension on the "Ball Catch" (product code 10-057)

A home owner from Hingham, MA says:
I think I have your Ball catch, product code 10-057, and I want to adjust the height of the ball (lower the ball, to make it easier to open and close the door). I see the two notches, separated by 180 degrees, on either side of the casing which surrounds the ball. I presume that is where the tool is used to make the adjustment. Can you find the tool for me (it must exist somewhere??), or do you have an alternate recommendation for me? Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe the 10-057 can be adjusted. The two notches you see aren't holes, but tabs that stick out to secure it during installation.
A home owner from Hingham, MA says:
Mine may not be the 10-057, but both mine and the 10-057 have notches in the metal casing, located on the top of the device (not tabs on the side, which are used to secure it during installation), which allow the metal casing to rotate (after installation) under rotational forces applied through the adjustment tool, causing the ball to protrude out to a greater or lesser degree. Without the tool, one is forced to use 2 screwdrivers (or other tools with pointy tips) with 2 hands simultaneously, which is very awkward, and it is not easy to get leverage. Can you get me the name of the manufacturer?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I personally took one of the 10-057 out of stock to see if it could be adjusted by turning the collar, and you are correct. We turned it by using a type of spanner wrench, however we did manage it turn the collar using a small screw driver, so if that's all you have it should do. We depressed the ball to take the pressure off then we could turn the collar to adjust the ball.
A quick learner from Texas says:
The tool you are looking for is a Quarter. Push the ball down til it hits the slots and turn to adjust. Easy Peasy.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

That's a great fix! Thanks for sharing.

A home owner from McKinney, TX says:
Excellent suggestion...worked like a charm. Thanks for sharing.
A home owner from ME says:
Quick learner from Texas, that quarter is a great tool! Thanks for the tip.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.