Need this crank to accommodate stud shoe.

A quick learner from Summerland Key, FL and Jasper, Ga says:
I need to replace a worn out crank that appears identical to this one, but need a stud shoe and clip for my track. Do you carry such an operator?

All measurements are identical, as demonstrated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 456F487A-0400-4E28-B89F-83EAE2CB9CB9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 04421D03-3B83-4B4F-9184-CDD522D95A80.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FCE6D870-0A13-4CAD-BF28-E82A8B26CD02.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to say that we don't sell anything like this. I've honestly never seen a configuration like this before. I would bet that this operator was the same as our 39-001 originally, but that the installers custom-fit something like our 36-078 to the end of the arm so that it would work in the window.

That is an educated guess, of course, but it looks right to me. I just don't think that would be an easy thing to replicate. The biggest issue is that we don't sell a detach clip that will fit over the 39-001 arm. If you could re-use the old detach clips then you could theoretically drill out the disc on the 39-001 and use our 36-078 in its place.

I've never done that before, though, so I cannot tell you how well it would work out. Please also understand that you would not be able to return any hardware altered in that way for a refund. In other words, it may be worth a shot but it's going to be a gamble either way.

how about a replacement guide track that will accommodate the roller?
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, that would be our 39-504 track. I'm just not sure if this would install the same way. This is meant to screw to the very bottom of the sash. Would you have room to do that and still have the window be operational?

That might work. I'll have to study it a bit.

How about the exact measurements on the bar for you operator.

Another thought: could the arms be exchanged?

I am not worried about ant warranty issues.
That track is a bit long.

What are the exact dimensions (height and width) of the bar? i have the retaining clip and I believe I can modify the bar as long as it is as big or bigger than my current bar.
Profile picture of Tom

Hello again! Sorry for the delay. The 39-001 arm is approximately 5/8" wide and 5/32" thick. Hopefully this size will allow you to accommodate the original detach clip.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.