Need this Operator with Long Link Arm

A landlord from Chicago, IL says:

Hi:

My crank broke on the left side. The part that mounts to the window on the inside broke off. It looks at LOT like this crank but the arm is much longer, like 12.5 inches. I believe this one will work, however, but does it come with a longer arm? Is there another model you can recommend? I think it's brilliant that you allow posting of photos. The handle attaches to the window via two wings, one on each side. The one on the left side broke off.

Tom

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named a crank window.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named a crank window.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the kind words, Tom. This operator is indeed a little unusual, and we carry nothing in this style with a link arm of that length. I agree that in theory something like our 39-089 and 39-090 are our best match, but study the image below. Make sure the gear arm (the part of the arm that juts out of the operator body) has that 'Z' shape. If it only has one bend, I don't think there's any guarantee these would even work to begin with. 

Assuming the body and gear arm do match, your only option is to drill out the link arms on the old and new operators, then install the old, long link arm to the new operator using a rivet like our 62-014. I can make no promises this would work, but it's our best option for you. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.