Need to Replace Broken Keyed Handle Set for Sliding Glass Door

Home Owner from Massachusetts
Apr 28, 2024 5:52 pm
I have a 20 year old Harvey Sliding Glass Door with a broken Key Lock and Latch Lever and am looking to replace the entire old handle set with a new keyed handle set and lock mechanism. Do you have the replacement parts I will need?

The dimensions for the interior handle are 6.5" L x 3" W x 1 1/4" D, with a 7/16" base plate. The dimensions for the exterior handle are 6.5" L x 3/4" W x 1" D, with screw posts about 5" apart.

The installed Mortise Lock does not have a faceplate, it only has the mechanism that sits inside the door and its dimensions are 6 11/16" L x 1 5/16" D x 1/2" W. There are screw holes for where a faceplate should be and the length between those holes is 7 3/4".

Also, if I am getting a new Handle Set, can I use it with the installed Striker plate? The installed striker plate dimensions are 6 5/8" L x 9/16" W x 1/16" D with the top and bottom screws on striker plate 5 5/8" apart.
Exterior Handle Installed and uninstalled Interior Handle and Mortise Lock Installed and uni Striker Plate
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Apr 29, 2024 11:59 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Thanks for writing in! Your patio door handle set reminds me of the 82-081 Keyed Mortise Style Handle Set. To determine if this is the correct replacement, carefully look over the dimensions and compare them to the existing set.

Dimensions for 82-081
Dimensions for 82-081

Your mortise lock can likely be replaced with the 82-238 Double Hook Mortise Lock which can be used with the existing striker. Take a look over the dimensions and see what you think.

Alternate image for 82-238
Alternate image for 82-238

Alternate view of 82-238
Alternate view of 82-238

Home Owner from Massachusetts
Apr 29, 2024 9:09 pm
Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for replying so quickly! I'll order those parts, they look like they will fit our door.
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Apr 30, 2024 8:48 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm happy to help. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other hardware repair projects you might have.

Have a great day!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts